Thursday, January 7, 2010

Spoons and Smarties

Recently I have noticed that Lenna is in love with smarties. Not eating them because I haven't given her smarties to eat, but just playing with them in their wrapper. Come to think about it I am sure she would love eating the smarties as well but I will try to hold off on giving her such candy for a little while longer. However, Lenna makes me laugh. Literally she will carry the smarties around for an hour just chewing on it or moving it back and forth. Ahh the simple enjoyments of a baby!
The same day I took pictures of Lenna with the smarties she wanted to hang out with me and would scream if I went out of sight. I was trying to make Buckeye Balls for a party I am going to, so Lenna got to help me in the kitchen. She enjoyed the spoons I kept giving her though she really wanted the chocolate.


Lenna is becoming more and more interactive and it is fun to play with her. She is deciding that her morning nap isn't really needed anymore. I guess it just means I have to switch my running time to the afternoon instead of the morning, or she gets to go running with me in the jogging stroller. This week has been busy with book club we read On the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. I enjoyed the history information of the book but not so much the story line. Then yesterday I helped with the youth's baptism temple trip by picking up the pizza for dinner. I went to Little Caesars to get the pizza which had been preordered and prepaid for. Anyway when I got there and said I was there to pick up the 18 pizzas the girl looked at me confused and then the guy in the back was like "OH NO I totally forgot!" Ummm how do you forget 18 pizzas? I don't know! But 15ish minutes later I had 18 pizzas in my car and made it to the church right when the youth did. So it all turned out okay. I am also trying to gear up for the 5 mile race on Saturday. I hope you enjoy the pictures of Lenna and hopefully you are all having a great first week of 2010!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I am surprised she didn't get those smarties opened up.

Lindsey H. said...

Ha! Lenna is so funny with the smarties! And I didn't know that about the pizzas, but I remember thinking last night as we pulled up and I saw your car there "How very unusual for Mallory to not be early."

The shower/food party was great tonight. I'm sorry I was such a flake about the plates. We're still friends, right?

The Davidsons said...

She is so cute! I just miss her, I hope that you guys are still going to come with us to Disneyland...we really want you to!

The Thackers said...

I hope your race went well today! Way to go with the running! You're inspiring me. Your little Lenna sure is cute. We really need to have you and Jared over to play games soon.