Sunday, May 16, 2010

Duct Tape Really Does Solve Problems

Yesterday I was determined to get one of my tomato plants planted. I had been contemplating the upside down method for a few years, and almost bought a container to do it, but then I thought I could make my own container. Yesterday was the actual day I was inspired to try and do it myself. I stole a 2 liter pop bottle from our food storage reserve. Which I will replenish. Speaking of which anyone want to give me an empty 2 liter bottle? Anyway after getting the pop bottle I got out my Dremel (yes it is my Dremel) and safety glasses and drilling and cutting happened. After getting it all ready I realized there was NO WAY I was going to get the plant into the pop bottle nor was I able to thread the roots through the pop bottle spout. I was upset! I really wanted this to work. And with all this trying I may or may not have really injured the plant itself. Then I thought why don't I just cut the pop bottle in half and then duct tape it back together. It worked like a charm. And I think the plant is okay. This morning there was a blossom on it, so I am calling this project a success. Thank you duct tape!
Yesterday we also went to the zoo. We even let Lenna run wild for a little bit.
We saw some orangutans walking and sleeping under burlap bags

Which must have gave Lenna an idea to sleep. She passed out on the way home.
Today she woke up and was totally upset I wouldn't let her play with dvds and chocolate chips, so I figured I would let her have her melt down in her crib. After she calmed down I peeked in to find her reading to herself.

What a silly girl!
As an added bonus today she did so well at church we didn't even have to take her out. Woohoo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Duct tapes solves so many problems!

Laura and crew said...

Hey...I have a 2 liter bottle in my recycling I will keep just for you. I like that you tried the upside-down tomato plant method. I watched a show on it a while back and thought it looked awesome. Good job for being daring and trying something new. Oh...and I like Lenna reading in her crib. Too cute.

Lindsey H. said...

You'll have to explain the upside down thing to me sometime...I've never heard that before. And we should go to the zoo together sometime this summer!