Saturday, May 22, 2010

She definitely knows what she wants

Lenna hasn't really started to talk. She babbles all the time, and screams mom mom mom when I am in the kitchen but nothing really in the form of talking. But she has an opinion, that is for sure. Today we went to Krispy Kreme for donuts. She loved it.She didn't stop eating even though she was paying attention to everyone else around her. Plus you can see her part of the donut is all over her face.
Then at dinner time, if she didn't want to eat something she gently put it to the side of her bowl. That is better than the floor in my opinion. Lucky for me she isn't super picky in eating. She definitely has her favorites but she will eat a lot of different foods.
The next part of this blog has nothing to do with Lenna. It has to deal with my new love/hobby/obsession with couponing. Truth be told I was not a huge shopper growing up. I could shop for myself just fine, but I was never into just shopping for the fun of it. But then I had a kid, and then I found couponing, and this combination made me love shopping. I get to find deals using coupons thus making couponing a game AND I get out of the house. Win - Win. Anyway this week was not overly exciting on deals, but still good. Earlier this week we got Huggies Diapers for $3.50 a pack making them like 15 cents a diaper after tax. Another day we hit up Walmart and got free Ketchup and pantiliners. Then that night I went to Target and got free toilet cleaning stuff and lotion. The Target people were funny. After my transaction was complete the manager was like you saved $30.85, that is amazing! The only down fall is you have to pay sales tax on things. So I guess you can't say I got them for free. I paid 2 bucks in sales tax. On Friday we hit up Starbucks and got vouchers for free Mariner's tickets. Which will be a most awesome date night! Lastly for this picture today we went to RiteAid and got wipes. I love wipes. Whoever invented them is great. I don't however like to pay a lot for them. So the stars aligned and I got 8 boxes of wipes for 8.43 after tax. That is cheaper than Costco or Sam's Club! Ahhh my cupboards are getting full. I better find a bigger house sooner than later!

7 comments:

Carrie Fowler said...

You should start telling me about the great deals when you find them !!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Lenna's face in the second picture! hahaha

I am so amazed at the deals you find. I really need to start doing that.

Diana said...

Yay for wipes! I have stocked up equally as much. At first, I thought "I look crazy buying this much at once." but then I thought of Costco and realized I was beating their deal, for the same amount of wipes.

Also--I can't believe I forgot about the Starbucks mariners tickets!!!!!!! dang it!

Tim; Melissa said...

You need to teach us the art of couponing. A store near us had a triple coupon day and we realized we should really get into couponing. (I also thought of you and how excited you would have been!)

Laura and crew said...

I like that Starbucks is doing the voucher give away, but I totally forgot to go to SB on Friday and get them. Oh well. This just makes it so we can watch Lenna when you guys decide to go. :O)

Lindsey H. said...

Awesome deals! So funny how you end up finding kinda random stuff, but it acts as your food/supply storage, right? Thanks for the tip on the Starbucks giveaways - I was looking at the rest of the lineup this month and thought we might go pick up some tickets for stuff. Only 10 more minutes until Lost....ahhh!

The Davidsons said...

She is getting so big and I love her little piggies! When are you coming in June!?! I keep asking pam when and she just tells me june! I can't wait to see little Lenna and Jack keeps asking about her!