Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hair Cut

This is the best picture of the day. Lenna kept handing me her sunglasses so I put them on her. Then she took them off and put them on herself. I can't help but want to say 'Word' while I look at this photo.
The big news of the day is I cut Lenna's hair for the very first time. I was brushing her hair after her bath and it totally looked like a mullet. Since I really don't like mullets it was time to even her hair out a little bit. I took about a half inch off the back. Jared thought it was funny because it was totally unplanned. I just told him to go get me scissors and it was done and over before Lenna had time to know what happened.
I think it turned out okay. One day I will take her to get a real hair cut, but my quick trim I think will work out for a few more months.
In other fun news of the day. Lenna is starting to learn how to color. She got a lot of dots on this paper. It is fun to see her learn new skills.
We also spent a few minutes outside since it wasn't raining. However, we used her rain coat just in case it started to rain.
This photo is just me goofing off on my photo editing.
It is almost the weekend. Yippeee! I really hope it doesn't rain tomorrow so we can go to the Folk Life Festival and have elephant ears. It is kind of a tradition in our household (we didn't make it last year - hence the kind of). Anyway in case you wonder how it became a tradition...3 years ago tomorrow we bought our current house. We were engaged not even married yet and we bought our house; we are crazy like that! We met at Lake Union to sign all the paper work. It was exciting and nerve racking, but I have never regretted buying our house. Actually buying this house seems so simple now that we are back to searching for another house. We started our search in April of 07. We went house searching on a Saturday and 3 days later made an offer on our house and it was accepted. Simplest house shopping ever! Sometimes I wish I had 5 options again and all I had to do was pick the best house, but that is not the case this time around. Anyway after signing our life away to a mortgage we headed to the Space Needle to have elephant ears. Now every year we try and go back to have a treat. So if you have never been to Folk Life I highly recommend going it is quiet entertaining. Happy 3 years of being homeowners to us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work on the hair cut. It looks like she has layers and everything.

Laura and crew said...

Mmm...elephant ears. Love those things and love your tradition of buying your house. For our 2nd year anniversary I made a model of our house out of graham crackers and frosting and then we ate it (which is easier than it sounds since our house is a giant U). I like Lenna's hair cut, too!