Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sunny Mother's Day Weekend

The sun has come back out making our home-bound situation hard to handle. But luckily Lenna's fever broke on Friday, so we could go out and about a little bit this weekend. The excitement on Friday was that we walked around Greenlake with some great buddies of ours, and spotted turtles on our adventure. Lots of turtles!On Friday night I did a lot of weeding and I mowed the lawn. You know you have a kid or have gotten old when on Friday night instead of thinking sweet time for a date; you are thinking sweet time to get some stuff done! The motivation to get our yard under control is due to the fact that we are still house hunting. Note we haven't made an offer on any house, but one of these days we will actually move. Since I don't know that date it is better to just be prepared, and have the house/yard in order so the chaos won't be as bad as if I hadn't planned ahead. So here is before I weeded.
And after...yep it is dark. I weeded till the sun went down.
Lenna is getting back to her normal self. Except she has been SUPER whiny. I read an article today about being patient with a toddler and how they are trying to test their boundaries and explore the world. I am learning how to control my temper and deal with the whine. Lenna is learning how to push my buttons!
To help get Lenna less whiny we gave her some oral gel. I hope she is finally teething, but she still has no teeth. That seemed to help some. It also helped to go outside. She ran around in circles on our patio.
Lap, after lap, after lap.
You might notice she also carries things around in both hands while running, and while crawling. She would not let go of this caterpillar that has broken in two due to rust. It was a very prized possession which caused a tantrum when I took it away so we could go back inside.
Still holding on to the caterpillar.
Peekaboo...where is Lenna?
Dad showing her some stuff in our flower bed.
In addition to enjoying the sun in our backyard we headed to Alki for a walk. Lenna was off and on okay about it.
She was especially okay when we bribed her with snacks in her stroller.
Awwwww Seattle is great!
Especially seeing it from West Seattle. You get to see sail boats, ferries, and the Seattle skyline. Also check out the water is super blue and so is the sky! Bonus!Seattle is nice but honestly being a mom is better.
Happy Mother's day!

4 comments:

Laura and crew said...

It's nice to see you still like being a mom after your tough week. Hooray for kids and gorgeous seattle weather.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about whiny Lenna! Hopefully it passes soon. When teaching and dealing with my nieces and nephews I learned quite quickly how to zone them out. Good luck on the house hunting.

Erin said...

It's sad when they don't feel well, but I do love the cuddling. Good luck with the house hunting and Happy Mother's Day!

Lindsey H. said...

She is at such a fun age!