Monday, May 24, 2010

You know you are a mom when...

So you know you are a mom when you take tons of pictures. You know you are a mom with grandmas who don't live near by when you take lots of pictures and put them on your blog. In the last 24 hours I have taken 36 pictures. I also know I have other 24 hour periods when I have taken more than that and less than that. But I can't resist snapping away on my camera since taking a picture costs me nothing but time, and gives me a snapshot of something to remember forever.

Anyway we had a busy last 24 hours. On Sunday Lenna sported this cute dress. I am a sucker for polka dots. Lenna is a sucker for balls. I am also a sucker for LOST. Which Jared and I watched while Lenna slept. I didn't love the ending, but I didn't hate it. I am going to say LOST ending = neutral for me. I think maybe I am just more sad that it is over than anything else.
This morning when I was cleaning up after Lenna's breakfast it was really quiet. So I went to see what was up. Lenna happened to find a glass daddy left by the couch. She was so very very proud of herself for finding something so awesome. You can tell by this picture she is in the pack it around phase. Since both hands are completely full.
This morning since it was nice we headed to the zoo. But I took no pictures. NONE! Gasp! I know. It was a fun trip but a little disappointing since we went to see the new meerkat exhibit and there was no meerkats to be found. After a nap we headed to the beach.
Lenna was very daring and walked herself right into the water. She also enjoyed toting around rocks.
Since she was all wet and sandy her socks, shoes, and pants had to go before we got in the car. Which meant when we got home she was running around like this.
Notice the 4 necklaces around her neck. She really really loves to put on necklaces and wear them around most of the day.
Since she was hungry and tired from our adventures to the beach and dinner wasn't ready we headed outside for some distractions. I pulled out her car we had gotten on craigslist a year ago.
And we pushed her around.
Dad had fun too.
But after awhile she got tired, and her hair got all static -y.
And now she is like this in her crib, I hope! (This picture was taken Sunday during her nap time, she loves her bunny so very much.)
Lastly a quick video of Lenna running around babbling. One of these days she will be able to tell me things and I will understand them. Until then I will just enjoy the babbles.

I just want to say thank you to the sun for coming out when I wasn't expecting it. It makes Mondays much more bearable when there is an option to go outside and play.

5 comments:

Lindsey H. said...

Rats...I didn't get to see her yesterday in that darling polka dot dress. I love it!

Laura and crew said...

Lenna's got a pretty posh life. I bet you will enjoy all the pictures/videos when she's big.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of her and the glass. She looks so proud and happy that she gets to hold a glass. :)

The Thackers said...

I missed the polka dot dress too! Darn. It is SO SO CUTE! We should get together and play soon.

The Curtis Family said...

Lenna looked super cute in the polka dot dress...and her car...and at the beach. :) She's just cute all around. We'll have to do something together soon.