Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Just a walk

Today is was nice weather. Hooray! So we headed out to take a walk. Yes, I walked in my flip flops (they have arches so they are fancy flip flops that have walked all over Yosemite, and other crazy places in so they are equipped for a simple walk in the neighborhood).Anyway we do this 1.5ish mile walk all the time. It is to a nearby park and back. But this time wow it was no simple-normal walk. The events go as follows:

* We got whistled at by a bunch of guys. I am not sure if I should think they were whistling at Lenna (since she is adorable), but who whistles at a 1 year old? Or if they were whistling at me, but then who whistles at a lady pushing a stroller for goodness sakes?

* 200ft later we are walking under the freeway and a creepy homeless dude is standing next to the fence. On the wrong side of the fence. Just staring. CREEPY! Anyway I decided we would keep walking instead of turning around. I figured if something went wrong we would mad dash it to the fire station that was only 100 ft ahead. But luckily he just stared and we just walked.

* Then as we were walking up the hill a biker started to come down the side walk. Granted I don't mind sharing the side walk but when the bike lane is literally 1 foot to the right of you, just get in the bike lane!

* 300ft later we make it to a corner by a house that is pretty run down. There was like 10 cats walking around. I think there must be a cat lady near by!

*We continue walking and make it to the park. YAY! As we walk around we see a short Asian lady walking with a golf club behind her back. We also see a roller bladder (that wasn't so odd), but we pass two people speaking some eastern European language which is a little different. Follow that by 3 kids torturing a little dog by having it chase things, but it was on a leash so every time it got to far it would literally flip upside down from being yanked.

At this point it was too much for me, and I am totally ready to go home though I was going to let Lenna slide down the slide a few times. Luckily on our way home it was pretty uneventful. We saw a friend of ours biking in the bike lane with his kids, but that is always fun and not stressful to see friends.

We made it home in one piece I guess that is the important part.
The other cool news is Lenna is really digging the walking thing. But she is not perfect at it. She biffed it the other day on the patio. Apparently Lenna and cement don't always get along.
But she doesn't really seem to mind, she is just happy to play. Speaking of playing we pulled out a bag that was perfect for the beach and came across some keys for Lenna that I totally forgot about. Score on new toys!
Happy Hump Day!

3 comments:

The Thackers said...

Yikes! I'm sorry your walk was so eventful. The homeless guy sounds especially creepy.

It was a gorgeous day today. Lauren has a cold, so we opted out of playgroup and went to Green Lake instead. It was beautiful...of course.

Anonymous said...

Interesting walk. Glad that nothing happened to you and Lenna. The dog part make me really mad!

Laura and crew said...

I have a feeling you made it to the park in record time with all the strange people/animals loitering around your neighborhood. (By the way, I'm totally impressed at how much you walk. It must be your secret for staying so fit!)